Proper maintenance and care of a ceramic cooktop can help extend its lifespan and keep it looking new for longer. Here are some tips to follow:
- Clean up spills immediately: Food and liquid spills should be cleaned up immediately after they occur, as they can cause stains and damage to the cooktop surface if left unattended. Use a soft cloth or sponge and a mild cleaner recommended for ceramic cooktops to clean up spills.
- Avoid using abrasive materials: Never use abrasive materials like steel wool or scouring pads to clean the cooktop surface, as they can scratch the surface and cause damage.
- Use cookware with smooth bottoms: Rough or uneven-bottomed cookware can scratch the cooktop surface. Choose cookware with smooth and flat bottoms to avoid damaging the cooktop.
- Use appropriate cleaning products: Only use cleaning products that are recommended for use on ceramic cooktops. Avoid using harsh chemicals, bleach, or ammonia-based cleaners, which can damage the cooktop surface.
- Regular cleaning: Regularly clean the cooktop surface with a soft cloth or sponge and a mild cleaner recommended for ceramic cooktops. This will help prevent buildup of food and grime that can cause damage.
- Avoid sliding cookware: Do not slide heavy cookware or drag pots and pans across the cooktop surface, as this can cause scratches and damage.
By following these tips, you can help ensure your ceramic cooktop lasts for many years and continues to function properly.