If your dishwasher isn't draining, here are some steps you can take to try and solve this:
- Check the waste disposal (if you have one): Make sure that the garbage disposal is not clogged, as this can prevent the dishwasher from draining properly.
- Check the air gap: If your dishwasher has an air gap, make sure that it's not clogged. An air gap is a small device located on the sink or countertop that separates the dishwasher drain from the sink drain.
- Check the drain hose: Make sure that the drain hose is not kinked or clogged. The drain hose is the flexible hose that connects the dishwasher to the garbage disposal or air gap.
- Check the drain pump: The drain pump is responsible for pumping water out of the dishwasher. If the drain pump is malfunctioning or clogged, it may prevent the dishwasher from draining properly.
- Clean the filters: Many dishwashers have filters that can become clogged with food debris or other debris. Cleaning the filters can often fix a dishwasher that's not draining properly.
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the dishwasher is properly plugged in and that the circuit breaker hasn't tripped.